Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Southern Vegetable Soup


This really really delicious. I made it last week and since the weather is suppose to turn rainy and cool starting tomorrow, that means soups and stews weather. I had enough left over to put 2 quarts in the freezer. My kind of recipe!

Enjoy!
Deb

This soup I made last week.  It is sooo good.  Easy and quick to fix and it even made enough for me to put 2 quarts in the freezer for a later date.  I highly recommend!

Ingredients:

4 Ham Hocks
1 large can pinto beans, drained
1 large can green beans, drained
1 large can lima beans, drained
1 large can cut corn, drained
1 pound white potatoes, cut in chunks
1 large can diced tomatoes with juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Mrs. Dash original table blend to taste


Instructions:

Place ham hocks in a stockpot and cover with water.  Add salt and pepper.  Bring to a boil, cover and cook on medium heat for about 1 hour or until the hocks are fork tender.  Add the rest of the ingredients and cook 30 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...