Thursday, October 6, 2011

key Lime Pie


Hey foodie peeps!  Hope your day has been a good one. Mine has been and you want to know why?  I tried to use my new stand mixed and I thought it was broken. One of the beaters would not turn. Well, when all else fails get out the instruction booklet. Guess what? I had the beaters and dough hooks in the wrong holes. Talk about laugh out loud!  Not only did I get that to working, but I received my meat grinder today by mail also. YIPEE. Now I can make my fur-kids some treats and use ground meat that I grind myself. Plus I can now grind my own hamburger out of what beef I wish and know it's lean. Sure don't take much to make me smile does it?

Anyway, thought I'd post this for the afternoon.  Hope you enjoy!

Deb



Ingredients:

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons melted margarine
2 tablespoons equal
1 envelope ( 1/4 oz) unflavored gelatin
1 3/4 cups skim milk, divided
1 package (8 oz.) reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/3 to 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup equal


Instructions:

Combine graham cracker crumbs, margarine and 2 tablespoons equal in bottom of 7 inch springform pan; pat evenly on bottom and 1/2 inch up side of pan.

Sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup milk in small saucepan; let stand 2 to 3 minutes.  Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved.  Beat cream cheese in small bowl until fluffy, beat in remaining 1 1/4 cups milk and gelatin mixture.  Mix in lime juice and 1/2 cup equal.  Refrigerate pie until set, about 2 hours.

To serve, loosen side of pie from pan with small spatual and remove side of pan.  Place pie on serving plate. Refrigerate leftovers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, YUM! I LOVE Key Lime Pie! New follower; hope you'll visit me at http://herlittlemister.blogspot.com/ and follow back.

Have a great weekend!
Kate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...